Camp Wallowa in Joseph, Oregon has a long history of serving youth throughout Eastern Oregon and Washington. While it is no longer used as a Boy Scout summer camp, it is a vital part of the Blue Mountain Council program and is used for training events, troop campouts, camporees, and Order of the Arrow events.
The Council started using Camp Wallowa in 1939. It was loaned by Pacific Power & Light
Co. and was developed into the long-term camp of the Council.
In 1941, construction of facilities at Camp Wallowa were under way. Many work parties were organized with materials having been donated. In the summer of 1942, 165 Scouts attended Camp Wallowa.
Camp Wallowa, consisting of 98 acres, was deeded to the Blue Mountain Council on June 12, 1947, by George T. Bragg, Vice President of the Pacific Power & Light Co. The purchase price was $10.
The summer camp operation was closed in the early 1980’s due to infrastructure and attendance
After a devastating mudslide in July 2002 the camp was closed for two years to clean up the slide, rebuild
infrastructure, and determine a course of action. The camp was re-opened to activities in July 2004.
To make reservations call: