Why Friends of Scouting?
The Blue Mountain Council is funded by local donors such as yourself. We receive about 10% of funding from United Way and other foundations and grants, and 14% from other fundraiser's such as popcorn sales. The rest is through Friends of Scouting. To maintain our services such as keeping the store open, providing professional's to assist volunteers, maintaining our camp properties, providing membership recruitment materials, your help is needed.
To maintain these services for over 3,000 youth, 1,200 adults, and 150 charter partners, it costs approximately $175 per registered youth.
Your help as a unit, volunteer, and charter partner is needed and appreciated.
Brochures and Flyers
- Friends of Scouting Campaign Brochure
- The Iceberg Fact Sheet
- Friends of Scouting Campaign Brochure for the LDS Church
- 2017 Family Friends of Scouting Guidebook
- Overcoming Objection for Family FOS
- The Family Friends of Scouting Presentation
- Guide to Effective Presentations
- Sample Letter to Parents
- Sample Letter from Bishopric
- LDS Church Leadership Quotes
Friends of Scouting PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
- Kickoff Presentation
- Video Does Scouting Work
- Scouting Prepares Missionaries
- 2017 Operation Budget Presentation